Motorcycle riders have a severe lack of protection while riding. While this might be part of the thrill, it is also hazardous when sharing the road with inattentive drivers or venturing on roads that are ill-maintained.
A motorcycle accident could leave you substantially injured, unable to work, and face a dire financial situation. When you have an injury attorney by your side, you are more likely to receive the compensation you need to recover. More so, you have an advocate fighting for your right to compensation and holding responsible parties accountable for their negligent acts.
Reasons to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
After your motorcycle accident, the last thing you want is to sue someone. However, as the medical costs compound and your days off work extend, you might feel there is no other solution to recover.
If you are not sure whether you should hire an accident attorney or directly collaborate with the insurance company alone, here are compelling reasons to consider an attorney over the later:
- The Attorney Does the Work for You. An attorney is working for you. Therefore, they are there to prove who caused the accident, the liability, gather evidence, negotiate on your behalf, and go to trial if necessary. This frees up hours of your time so that you can focus on recovery.
- Insurance Companies Try to Pay as Little as Possible. Insurance companies have a bottom line. After all, they are a business. No business would succeed if they were not making money. Therefore, the insurance company does whatever they can to pay you as little as possible for your injuries. While you might think you are receiving a fair settlement, most likely you are receiving half to less than half of what you deserve.
- An Attorney Yields a Higher Settlement. Statistics show that an attorney will generate a higher settlement value than if you were to negotiate with the insurance company by yourself. This is because the attorney knows how to calculate costs, negotiate with insurance companies accurately, and project costs so that you receive what you need.
- An Attorney is Always Ready for Trial. If the negotiations do not work between your lawyer and the insurance company, an attorney can take the case further by filing the lawsuit and litigating at trial. The earlier you have a lawyer involved, the easier it will be to go to trial because he or she is already prepared to do so.
- You are Prepared for the Process. The process of filing a claim and lawsuit is complicated. An attorney helps you through every step but also educates you on the process so that you know what to expect along the way. Furthermore, if you have a deposition, your attorney is there to prepare you for that and even represent you during the deposition.
Speak with a Savannah Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, do not go at it alone. Instead, talk to an accident attorney who can help you recover compensation. Contact Clarke Nash today to explore your options. Attorney Clarke Nash understands what you are going through, and he aggressively fights for his client’s right to compensation.
Call him today to book a free, no-obligation consultation at 912-200-5292. You can also ask him a question by completing an online contact form.